How to choose the right ottoman and stool for your living room
An ottoman is a living room staple that is usually not appreciated enough. It is actually a gem of a furniture piece with multiple uses: it can function as a decorative footstool beside a sofa, as a substitute for a cocktail table, or as a storage solution that saves space. Typically made of leather, suede, or fabric, the right ottoman or stool can be a subtle but important furniture accessory for any space.
Below area few tips when purchasing an ottoman or stool:
- Size - It’s important that this furniture piece isn’t too small or too big. You want something useful that isn’t overwhelmingly large
- Color - Pick a color that complements your remaining furniture
- Style - Whether eclectic or modern, the proper stool or ottoman can introduce the perfect hint of style to your space. Brands like Gus Modern make versatile pieces that compliment any modern space.
- Materials - Go for an extra sturdy fabric that is stain-resistant if you have children or pets, or a wood piece from a quality brand like Mash Studios Lax Series, or Skagerak furniture may be the perfect choice when durability is important.
Types of ottomans & stools
There's a near limitless variety of stools and ottomans, but the three standard types are as follows:
- Standard - Cushion surface on top of standard base
- Pouf - Round and puffed
- Cocktail - Ottoman with a hard surface resembling a coffee table
- Cube - Versatile, stackable, hard and occasionally featuring interior storage compartment
Shop online with our huge collection of modern ottomans and stools. Enjoy free shipping, and price match guarantee!