Banshu Hamono Misuzu All-Purpose Kitchen Knife
The blacksmith industry in the Banshu region in the Hyogo prefecture of Japan was said to have started long ago when a Katana factory was located there. What began as an industry producing straight razors in 1744, now manufactures a variety of products including utility knives, traditional Japanese straight razors, Japanese gripping shears used for cutting thread, pruning shears, and floral shears.
Each piece is painstakingly made by hand by skilled craftsmen using the same techniques that have been employed for generations.
- Versatile all purpose kitchen knife, suitable for all food preparation
- The blade is composed of layers of softer steal wrapped around a core of hardened steel that is exposed only on the cutting edge.
- The blade resistant to corrosion and helps to maintain strength and durability.
- Comes wrapped in locally woven fabric, and is packaged in a beautiful Kiri wood box.
- Crafted in Japan
- 9" long
- Octagonal wood handle with buffalo horn
This item is covered under our 30 day return policy.
- The Banshu Hamono Misuzu All-Purpose Kitchen Knife is an authentic piece made by Banshu Hamono in Japan