The right living room furniture can have a huge impact on how you feel in your space. It impacts the mood you experience when you enter your home and it can also affect how you feel when you spend time with family and friends. Menu is a danish brand with a group of cutting edge designers making some of the most sophisticated, stylish and comfortable furniture on the market. In this article we'll help you choose the right Menu living room furniture for you space.
Choosing the right furniture for your home is important for a number of reasons. Here are some of them:
- Furniture should be comfortable, stylish and functional.
- The furniture needs to work with the rest of your home décor.
- It needs to fit in with the mood and aesthetic you want to create in your living room.
- It needs to fit into your budget.
- It needs be the right size for the space you have available in your living room.
- You want something that will last for a long time and not wear out quickly.
- You want something that will look good at all times of day, whether it’s early morning or late evening.
- And you want something that suits your individual style and taste
Menu partners with some of the world's most innovative architectural designers to develop high-quality furniture and home decor with a distinct Scandinavian aesthetic. Every component of the Menu collection is meant to stimulate the senses in a positive way, including shape, color, texture, functionality, and more.
Let’s look at how to choose the right living room furniture and how you can do it with style with Menu.
Start with the most important piece of living room furniture: your sofa
A sofa is a significant investment, so it is important to make sure you are getting the right one. Scandinavian style sofas from Menu are made from high-quality materials, which means that they will last much longer than other types of sofas and will not visibly show wear and tear as quickly as others either.
The design of these type of sofas makes them perfect for those who want to create an inviting space in their home that is both modern and cozy at the same time - without compromising on either side of that equation.
Choosing the right sofa isn’t just about comfort and style. It’s also about the size of your living room and the layout of your furniture. You can find Menu sofas in different colors, textures, shapes and sizes - making it easier to find one to suit your needs
The Menu Eave Modular Sofa can be configure to be changed according to your needs or requirements, so that it becomes more flexible in terms of space usage in your living room.
The Offset Sofa by Menu is a popular sofa with a few different options to choose from. Their 1 seater sofa from Menu is great for small spaces or as an accessory to a larger sofa. The 2 seater offset sofa is are perfect for couples in their first apartment and the Menu 3 Seater Offset Sofa is ideal for spacious living rooms and family households.
Add some lounge chairs
The right lounge chair is a chair that fits your needs and preferences. It should be comfortable, easy to maintain, and it should also reflect your personality.
1 - Comfort: A lounge chair is meant for relaxation so it has to be comfortable. It should have the perfect amount of padding and the right type of material for you to feel relaxed after a long day at work or just reading a book.
2 - Style: The style of your lounge chair will depend on what kind of personality you have or what kind of look you're going for in your living room. If you want something more modern, then go with Scandinavian style lounge chairs like the Menu Co Lounge chair. If you want something more traditional, then go with their Menu Knitting Chair that somehow manages to simultaneously have an old-fashioned look and a modern shine.
Make a beautiful coffee table the centerpiece of your living room
A coffee table is a great place to display your interests and personality. It can be the centerpiece of your living room and a place to relax with your feet up, or a place to set your favorite drink.
There are many different types of tables from Menu and they come in a wide range of shapes, sizes, and styles. Below are 5 reasons why we love the Menu Septembre Coffee Table in particular for your living room:
- The Septembre Coffee Table is a gracefully proportioned table.
- It doesn't take up too much space in the room so it doesn't use up the surrounding space.
- It is beautiful piece and shows off a beautiful minimal Danish design aesthetic.
- It can be a conversation starter when guests come over to visit.
- It helps define the space by providing a focal point.
Tie the entire room together with a luxurious rug
A rug can serve as a focal point for your living room furniture and it is important to choose the right one to complete your perfect Scandinavian style living room. It should be in harmony with the color and style of your furniture.
- A well-chosen rug can make a small space feel more spacious.
- It provides warmth to the floor, especially if it is cold outside.
- It makes the space more inviting and cozy.
- It helps to define spaces within a room, such as seating areas or other activities happening in that area of the house.
The Menu Houkime rug is classic in style, with a ribbed design woven from plush cotton and tencel for a soft feel.
- It provides elegance and warmth to both large and small areas
- It complements a wide variety of design styles
- It has the power to change the whole mood of a space with its color, subtle pattern, size, shape and texture
- It's timeless color will never go out of style
Is it always necessary for living room furnishings to match?
It is not necessary for living room furniture to match. You can have a variety of styles in your living room and it will still look good. A mismatch of furniture can be a great way to add some personality to the space.
The most important thing is that you choose pieces that are comfortable and functional for you and your family. It doesn't really matter if they match or not, as long as they work well in the space.
Which sofa color hides dirt the best?
- Beige is a sofa color that will go with practically any design of sofa and any color scheme.
- There's a beige for every environment, with cooler and warmer tones available.
- Beige has an advantage over white in that it does not show dirt as readily as white.
How do you coordinate the perfect living room furniture setup?
- When planning the layout of your living room, consider first your sofa. This will likely be the piece of furniture that you and your guests will be spending the most time on. You'll want to make sure that the sofa you choose is comfortable, has plenty of space for people to sit and is aesthetically pleasing.
- If you have a fireplace, set your sofa and coffee table in front of it for extra focus
- Then, to create a great conversation area, arrange other smaller items to place around the sofa.
Finally, is it possible to combine leather and fabric furniture in your living room?
Proportion is important when it comes to integrating leather and fabric furniture in your living room.
It's not hard to imagine a room full of leather furniture that is also filled with fabric. Leather and fabric are both materials that are often used in furniture because they can create a cohesive look in a living room.
However, it's important to consider the proportion for both materials when including them in one room. It's best to use leather furniture like couches or ottomans as the focal point of a room and use fabric for less expensive furniture, curtains, and upholstery.
Ready to furnish your living room with Menu and have an outstanding customer experience? Contact us today and let’s chat.